Our Commitment to Your Security
It’s the responsibility of an industry leader to provide its customers with a safe, secure shopping environment. In the same way you'd expect us to have clean, safe shops, you should also expect us to have a secure website. At Norwich Camping & Leisure, we do. Not only are we committed to providing you with the most secure online shopping experience possible, so that you can purchase at our online store with complete confidence, we also safeguard any necessary personal data that we hold from the processing of transactions and marketing activities in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Via this website – demographic information such as preferences and interests. When volunteered: name, phone number, email address, postcode, opted-in consent to send promotional emails/newsletters.
From in-store customers and shoppers – purchase details, order reference, price paid, date of transaction, individuals' images captured on in-store CCTV. When volunteered: name, address (and delivery address if different), phone numbers and email address.
From finance customers – detail of goods, order reference, price, date of application, name, address, delivery address if different, phone numbers, email address, income details, previous addresses, occupation, marital status, employer details, bank account details, details of existing financial commitments, application ID number, Approval Status (regarding finance request with Close Brothers finance provider), sum borrowed, interest amount, individuals' images captured on in-store CCTV.
From current and prospective customers – via marketing activities: email address, opt-in consent to be sent occasional emails featuring new products, special offers, competitions, prize draws and promotional events. Consent can be withdrawn by email recipients clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ or, at any time, by emailing email@example.com from the relevant email address.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, particularly for the following reasons:
- for fulfilment of contractual obligations and internal record-keeping (for instance, if you ask us to deliver products to your home and we out-source that service to a courier, it would be one of: TNT, Parcelforce, APC, UPS, DHL, Palletforce or DX. Their Privacy Policies can be viewed by clicking on the relevant company name.)
- to improve our product and service offering (for instance, we may assist you in applying for finance to purchase higher-priced goods, in which case all of your necessary personal information would be passed on to our specialist provider, Close Brothers Ltd, whose Privacy Notice can be viewed here. With such a transaction, we only keep your basic customer details - name, address, phone numbers, email address, order number, product price etc - NOT your private financial and income details.)
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting
- we may contact you by email, phone or mail in the course of fulfilling your orders
- we may use the information to automatically customise the website according to your interests
- upon request, we may provide in-store CCTV footage to the Police (Norfolk Constabulary) for the purpose of crime detection and prosecution.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in-store.
A ‘cookie’ is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, being able to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website and others using cookies.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- do not give opted-in consent to receive our occasional promotional emails
- if you have previously given consent to receive our occasional promotional emails, you may retract your consent by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each of these emails, or, at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the relevant email address.
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law or contractual obligation to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting only if you consent (‘opt-in’) for this to happen.
You may request details or deletion of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. This is carried out free of charge in most cases. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete and you would like us to update it, or would like us to delete personal information that we hold on you, please email email@example.com or write to us at the address below with ‘Customer Data’ as the first line. We will carry out the update within 30 days of receipt.
Norwich Camping & Leisure is a trading name of Trevor John Holmes & Jean Holmes & Paul Victor Holmes.
Norwich Camping & Leisure Village, 58 Yarmouth Road, Blofield, Norwich NR13 4LQ.
Phone: 01603 717600 / 717800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org