Vango Illusion TC 500XL AirBeam Tent 2018
Please note that this calculator is for illustrative purposes only. If you require a more accurate quote please get in touch. Credit is subject to status, UK residents aged 18+ only.
Finance available on orders over £500.
The epitome of luxury camping, the Illusion TC 800XL AirBeam® is design for families who go on longer summer breaks and are looking for a tent to enrich their camping experience. This 8-person tent is designed with a superior Polycotton flysheet (65% cotton / 35% polyester mix) which is extremely durable and will aid climate regulation within the tent, whilst providing protection from the elements. The tent’s structure uses Super AirBeams® which are 30% larger than Vango's standard beams, making the tent very robust. Designed with king-size bedrooms, a large living area and spacious pre-attached awning which can be used for additional living or storage space.
What we like about this tent: firstly, it's poly-cotton which is one of the best tent materials you can have because its strong, durable and breathable - good for controlling high temperatures in the day but keeping you warm at night. This tent is one of the range which has the Vango Super Beams, meaning that the AirBeams are better than those on other Vango tents. So, it may take a few more seconds to pump-up, but it's well worth it as they'll be more stable and give more support. Also, being a poly-cotton tent, it will be heavier than a normal tent, so the Super Beams will keep it sturdy and in shape.
The Vango Illusion TC 500XL AirBeam tent is ideal for family groups from 3-5 people or more if you wish, this tent has a really good living space, on the living area you have a side entrance which allows you to enter and exit the tent without using the big front door so you can feel really enclosed and cosy, it also has the canopy over the side door just to give extra protection over the door if it’s raining. The mesh screen on the side door allows for plenty of air flow in and out of the tent, without letting any bugs in.
The front porch is excellent for a food prep area and storage so keeping all your belongings dry, such as bikes, cooking facilities, bags and chairs, or ideal for keeping out of the sun for a few hours on some chairs around a table. The big main door on the porch can be zipped all the way to one side, so you can access the tent easily and allow plenty of air-flow or you can zip it half-way if you wish, then behind that door you have the big door into the living area of your tent which again can be opened right up to one side or half-way.
This tent sleeps 5 people, with 2 inner tents at the back sleeping 3 and 2. All inner tents can be removed - some people tend to remove the 2 berth inner for extra storage space or use the inner itself for out-of-sight storage. Also a nice little feature is the storage pockets on the back, just in front of the inner tents.
Curtains are easy to zip-up, so you can have them at whichever height you prefer, plus they go all the way over the sky-lights in the roof, if you wish, then you can just tuck the curtains into themselves at the bottom during the daytime which keeps the tent tidy.
Under each window there are ventilation pockets which are now 50% bigger to reduce condensation and allow more air-flow.
The new Vango SkyTrack system is also a feature in this tent. Based on each beam, this allows you to add various Vango accessories such as their new lighting systems and other accessories you have with you on holiday. Follow this link to the video of the SkyTrack System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeVtTAzebcU
LOW-RATE FINANCE AVAILABLE AT TIME OF PURCHASE - EXAMPLE HERE.
Packsize: L80.0 x H53.0 x W58.0cm
Capacity: 5 Person Tent
Pitching Time: 12 mins
- Pre-angled Beams - Achieve greater internal space than with a standard curve. Provides effective bracing against winds
- Larger diameter beams are used with certain shapes and fabrics, to further enhance the AirBeam experience
- TC lightweight polycotton (200g per m2) - Lightweight, durable fabric. Helps to keep the tent cooler when the weather is hot, and warmer in cold conditions
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment. The groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide all round protection.
- Oxford Ripstop Polyester Groundsheet - maximises strength and durability.
- Lightweight polyester bathtub groundsheet - provides a lighter inner base which packs smaller yet keeps your bedroom dry and comfortable
- Part mesh inner door - Allows ventilation, whilst keeping bugs out
- Covered entrance - gives a sheltered entrance to your tent, which prevents rain from dripping in to the living area
- Secondary mesh doors on all flysheet doors - Provides ventilation whilst keeping insects outside
- Double zip door - provides additional flexibility by allowing the top of the door to be opened slightly for increased ventilation
- NEW Super Zips on flysheet doors - Stronger, smoother and more durable zips, ideal for the heavier weight flysheet fabric
- Living area pockets - Conveniently positioned for storing essentials
- NEW 3 Cable Entry Points with Tidies - features more zipped cable entry points, allowing multiple power cables to be used throughout the tent
- NEW Sky Hook System - Attachment system which can be used to attach lighting, tidy cables or even hang additional storage units
- Generous king-sized bedrooms - big enough to fit a double sized airbed or double sleep mat
- Zipped inner divider - Offers greater privacy between inner bedrooms. Roll away when not required
- Polycotton inner tent - Quality fabric, providing luxurious feel to tent
- Diamond Clear windows - Maximise light and visibility.
- Zipped privacy curtains - Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening. Fit to the flysheet with no gaps and simply roll down into a pocket
- NEW Sky Light Windows - Windows which run along the roof line of the tent to increase the amount of light during the day and for star gazing at night
- Low and high ventilation - Combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent, reducing condensation
- Our new 50% larger vents allow greater ventilation and significantly reduce the chance of condensation building up
- Patented Vango TBS®II Tension Band System ensures tent performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the pole at 3 points, and prevent sideways movement. Adjust TBS®II to remove slack. Do not over tension, as this may deform the poles. Can be stowed away in calm weather
- Easypack roller bag - Durable roller bag to take the effort out of moving your tent
- Line-Lok guyline adjusters - Patented guyline runners. Lightweight, easy to use and will hold firm in windy conditions
- Reflective guylines with guyline tidies - Woven with a reflective strip to pick up light
- Webbing storm straps - Provides secure guying at the front and rear of the awning
- 360º Night-time Reflection Points - multiple reflective points around the tent ensure that the tent is easy to spot at night