Vango Idris II Tall Air Drive Away Awning 2018
Please note that this calculator is for illustrative purposes only. If you require a more accurate quote please get in touch. Credit is subject to status, UK residents aged 18+ only.
Finance available on orders over £500.
Updated for 2018 the Vango Idris is Vango’s lightest drive away awning, this model is ideal for those wanting a little extra space when on holiday, or festivals or weekends away, you are able to attach a sleeping compartment inside so you can sleep in this awning if you wish.
On this model you can remove the ground sheet, so if you are looking to go on camping pitches with a removable groundsheet this would be a good option or maybe if you like watersport and you need to dry your wetsuit but don’t want a puddle on your groundsheet you can remove this.
The awning remains the same material of the 70Denier so very lightweight quick to dry and, the Airbeams are quick and easy to inflate less than 30 seconds per beam.
The updates for 2018 are skylights in the roof, sky track II system so you can hang all your optional extras in your awning, and a velcro strap in the roof to support the bracer beam.
Surfing, hiking, sailing, cycling, kayaking or simply just relaxing - let the Idris be part of your adventure. This freestanding drive-away awning offers a combination of convenience and space, providing a sizeable extension for living, sleeping or storage. Exclusively designed by Vango, the enclosed linked-in groundsheet system offers all the comfort of a fully sewn-in groundsheet but can be detached when not in use and is easy to clean. You might want to consider buying optional bedrooms, to use your awning as a spare bedroom attached to the side of your vehicle. The front door can also be king-poled out as a functional shade from the rain/sun. The Idris Awning, in its oversized carry bag, is a great choice for campervan and motorhome owners.
- Easy to inflate AirBeam structure. Pole free pitching. AirBeams won't damage caravan. Supplied with double action pump.
- NEW AirSpeed® Valve system and easy access positioning - designed by Vango to inflate your
- AirBeams with even less effort.
- Patented Vango TBS ®II Tension Band System ensures that your tent performs in adverse conditions, especially strong, changeable winds. In calm conditions the system can be disconnected if desired. When tensioned, the bands brace the pole and prevent sideways movement. The buckles should be adjusted so that slack is removed, but not over tensioned, as this may deform the poles.
- 70D, 6000mm Lightweight Polyester Groundsheet - waterproof, durable and reliable Linked-In Groundsheet - offers all the comfort of a fully sewn in groundsheet but can be rolled away when not in use and is much easier to clean than a fully sewn in groundsheet
- 4,000mm with fully taped seams
- Diamond Clear Windows - maximises light and offers great visibility.
- Lots of windows to draw in light, all with sewn-in curtains
- Vango AirZone - high and low level ventilation panels combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent.
- A door in the connecting fabric between your motorhome/campervan and awning for convenience.
- Bracing beams for front and roof included
- Lantern Hanging Points - conveniently positioned to attach your light(s)
- Rock Pegs Included - strong, durable and can be used on more varying terrain.
- Double action AirBeam pump included
- Wide mouthed bag for easy packing
- Tested to European Standard EN5912
- Cable Entry and Tidies - zipped entry point with Velcro tidies to run the cable to the lantern point and other electrical items.
- King Pole Doors - include eyelets allowing optional king poles to be used.
- Pre-attached 6mm Kador strip- The most common and easy to use connection system for awning attachment to vehicles and caravans
- Factory Taped Seams - all flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped, giving a water tight seal
- The Beams in a Vango AirBeam create a strong and rigid tent structure combined with a very easy and quick pitch time.
- Velcro roofbar attachment tabs - Quick and easy to use. They simply wrap around the roof bars of your vehicle
- Easy access doors for those of limited mobility or wheelchair access
- Pre-angled Beams - by incorporating a pre-angled section into the AirBeam more internal space is achieved than with a standard arch. Additionally, the section braces effectively against side winds.
- Adjustable pegging points
Vango Drive Awning Size Guide (measured from the ground to the awning rail):
Pack Size: L70.0 x H33.0 x W33.0cm
Inflatable AirBeam Structure
Allows pole-free pitching, ensuring your tent is pitched within a matter of minutes. (Double-action hand-pump included. 12v electric pumps optional for powering from a vehicle.)
New AirSpeed Valves make inflating and deflating your AirBeam tent quick and effortless.
Sentinel Active 70 Fabric
Sentinel Active 70 Fabric is a 70-Denier polyester fabric that combines strength and lightweight materials to provide a compact, waterproof and durable flysheet material.
All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory-taped, providing a strong, watertight seal.
Fabrics that meet the European EN5912 safety standard.
Low and High Ventilation
Low and high ventilation vents - now 50% larger in size - combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent and reduce condensation.
TBS®II Tension Band System
Ensures tent performs well in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds, by bracing the AirBeam at 3 points and preventing sideways movement.
NEW Skylight Windows
Windows which run along the roof line of the tent to increase the amount of light during the day and for star-gazing at night.
Diamond Clear Windows
Large Diamond Clear windows maximise light and visibility.
A flexible hanging system which allows you to easily attach lighting, storage or Vango's new SkyLiners. The SkyTrack system truly allows you to design your tent to suit your needs.
Lantern Hanging Points
Conveniently positioned to safely attach your lights.
A high cable-entry point on the internal wall allows increased flexibility when feeding power cables into the tent or awning.
Line-Lok Guyline Adjusters
Patented guyline runners that are lightweight, easy to use and will hold-firm in windy conditions.
Make them easier to see, and less likely to trip over, when walking around in low light conditions.
Supplied with pump
Comes with a double-action hand-pump that will rapidly inflate your tent.
For your peace of mind, this product carries a 2-Year Manufacturer's Warranty.