Vango Idris II Low Air Drive Away Awning 2018
Updated for 2018 the Vango Idris is Vango’s lightest drive away awning, this model is ideal for those wanting a little extra space when on holiday, or festivals or weekends away, you are able to attach a sleeping compartment inside so you can sleep in this awning if you wish.
On this model you can remove the ground sheet, so if you are looking to go on camping pitches with a removable groundsheet this would be a good option or maybe if you like watersport and you need to dry your wetsuit but don’t want a puddle on your groundsheet you can remove this.
The awning remains the same material of the 70Denier so very lightweight quick to dry and, the Airbeams are quick and easy to inflate less than 30 seconds per beam.
The updates for 2018 are skylights in the roof, sky track II system so you can hang all your optional extras in your awning, and a velcro strap in the roof to support the bracer beam.
Surfing, hiking, sailing, cycling, kayaking or simply just relaxing - let the Idris be part of your adventure. This freestanding drive-away awning offers a combination of convenience and space, providing a sizeable extension for living, sleeping or storage. Exclusively designed by Vango, the enclosed linked-in groundsheet system offers all the comfort of a fully sewn-in groundsheet but can be detached when not in use and is easy to clean. You might want to consider buying optional bedrooms, to use your awning as a spare bedroom attached to the side of your vehicle. The front door can also be king-poled out as a functional shade from the rain/sun. The Idris Awning, in its oversized carry bag, is a great choice for campervan and motorhome owners.
- Cable Entry and Tidies - zipped entry point with Velcro tidies to run the cable to the lantern point and other electrical items.
- Diamond Clear Windows - maximises light and offers great visibility.
- Fire Retardant Fabrics - meets the European EN5912 safety standard
- King Pole Doors - include eyelets allowing optional king poles to be used.
- Lantern Hanging Points - conveniently positioned in the living and bedroom area to attach your light(s).
- NEW AirSpeed® Valve system and easy access positioning - designed by Vango to inflate your AirBeams with even less effort.
- Pre-attached 6mm Kador strip- The most common and easy to use connection system for awning attachment to vehicles and caravans
- Factory Taped Seams - all flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped, giving a water tight seal
- The Beams in a Vango AirBeam create a strong and rigid tent structure combined with a very easy and quick pitch time.
- Vango AirZone - high and low level ventilation panels combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent.
- Velcro roofbar attachment tabs - Quick and easy to use. They simply wrap around the roof bars of your vehicle
- Adjustable pegging points
- Bracing beams for front and roof included
- A door in the connecting fabric between your motorhome/campervan and awning for convenience.
- Easy access doors for those of limited mobility or wheelchair access
- Linked-In Groundsheet - offers all the comfort of a fully sewn in groundsheet but can be rolled away when not in use and is much easier to clean than a fully sewn in groundsheet
- Pre-angled Beams - by incorporating a pre-angled section into the AirBeam more internal space is achieved than with a standard arch. Additionally, the section braces effectively against side winds.
- Patented Vango TBS ®II Tension Band System ensures that your tent performs in adverse conditions, especially strong, changeable winds. In calm conditions the system can be disconnected if desired. When tensioned, the bands brace the pole and prevent sideways movement. The buckles should be adjusted so that slack is removed, but not over tensioned, as this may deform the poles.
Vango Drive Awning Size Guide (measured from the ground to the awning rail):
Pack Size: L70.0 x H31.0 x W31.0cm